Friday, January 30, 2015

No longer a slave...


As I was reading last night in my Geneva Bible, Deuteronomy 17:14&15 stuck out to me  “When you come to the land which the Lord your God is giving you, and possess it and dwell in it, and say, ‘I will set a king over me like all the nations that are around me,’ you shall surely set a king over you whom the Lord your God chooses; one from among your brethren you shall set as king over you; you may not set a foreigner over you, who is not your brother...." 

 But what really struck me was the study note that said, "Who is not of thy nation, lest he change true religion into idolatry and bring thee into slavery." Immediately I felt God had more to say about it, about how we have failed in this area, and are now in slavery... so I picked up my notebook and the following is what came...  

Thou hast put a king over thy-selves that is not of thy people (Deuteronomy 17:15); he has caused you to change true religion into idolatry and brought thee into slavery, when you are not slaves. 

I have bought you, I have paid for your freedom, all you must do is GET UP! Unchain yourselves, the locks are broken- you are FREE! (Isaiah 9:4-7)

But, you must turn your back on the meals provided, the shelter given and the clothing (that you have had to make yourselves) with poor materials handed to you. The meals are bland and barely enough to keep you alive- the shelter is only enough to keep out the pouring rain- it cannot stay the leaks or the biting cold. In the heat of summer you cannot stay inside for lack of air. 

Come! Eat and drink from ME (John 6:34-40) and you shall never thirst again. Never again shall your bellies grumble. I will shelter you in the shadow of my wings (Psalm 91)- not only
have I set you free but I have brought you into my home. I have clothed thee in fine linen- in scarlet. I have placed a royal crown upon your head. I have placed jewels on you (Ezekiel 16:13, Revelation 19:8)  and called you sons and daughters (1 John 3:1) - kings and priests. (1 Peter 2:9, Revelation 1:6 & 5:10)

 I have placed My Word upon your lips (Jeremiah 1:9, Isaiah 6:7 & 51:16) and when spoken it doesn't return to Me void- but it accomplishes that which it is sent out to do. (Isaiah 55:11) 

Cry no more, weep no longer, (Revelation 21:4, Isaiah 30:19 & 65:19) fear is cast far from your midst. (1 John 4:18) 

Your King has already come, the Prince of Peace is here- his kingdom is from everlasting to everlasting. (Psalm 145:13) The wait is over- prophets of old believed before the reign of My Kingdom, that it would come- you LIVE
NOW, what they believed! The time is now- it is the eternal age of the reign of Christ, the King of kings. Come to Me, have an audience with me all day- I will hear your supplications. (1 John 5:14, Revelation 3:20) I have an endless host of ministers from which I can send out to accomplish that which I send them to do. (Hebrews 1:7&14) They are waiting, asking Me: "Send me, can I go and help them? Now may I go fight?" Their desire is to work My works to show Me mighty. (Psalm 91:11) 

Ask of Me and I will give you nations as an inheritance.(Psalm 2:8)  I already have- I did it in the days of Joshua and Moses, in the days of Bradford, Washington and Adams- cast off the chains, rise up as free men and women. (Psalm 2:3) Should a king be a slave? Should a prince bow to any man? Certainly not! Neither do you bow to anyone but me. (Matthew 4:10)

 Lift up your head, for the time is now. When you speak- you speak in My name and the very gates of hell cannot stand against you. (Mark 9:39, Matthew 16:18)
Do not forget My mighty works, the strength of My hand and out stretched arm. (Psalm 20:6) You ARE the temple- everywhere you walk is holy ground- and My temple is arrayed in splendor. (1 Corinthians 3:16 & 6:19, 2 Corinthians 6:16, Exodus 3:5, Joshua 5:15, Acts 7:33) 

So now, bring all the tithes into the store house (temple- you!), that there may be meat in it. (Malachi 3:10) And above all, remember My greatest commandment: Love Me with all your heart, soul, mind and strength... and then you shall love thy brother as you do yourself. (Matthew 22:36-40)   

As always, remember that Jesus is that true light that expels all darkness,

Love, 
Michelle, Leah, Jeanne, Matt and Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment